Ham or Turkey?

Jaetron Andrews, Staff Writer

What is your favorite thanksgiving food?! Mac & Cheese? Ham? Turkey? This week we asked C.H.S students what their favorite dish was for the delicious holiday.  The most votes for a dish is Mac & Cheese. Chs students discuss why they love this famous dish; “My mom makes it with so much cheese and it stings when you get some” -Faith Harlow, Senior. Our next comment reads ”Regardless of who’s house you’re eating at, you can always play it safe with mac and cheese because it’s really hard to make that dish wrong.” – Abbey. The choice with the second most votes is Mashed Potatoes. Here are some of the feedback from students. The ingredients for mashed potatoes “No matter what its very hard to go wrong with such a classic dish that tastes so good.”- Aden Young, Senior. “our third most voted dish is Cranberry Sauce. Here are some input from students. “It’s very cold, makes for a nice contrast”. -Ezzy, Freshman. It’s very cold. Makes for a nice contrast. -Peter, Senior.  The last dish with the 3rd most votes is Sweet potato. One comment read “Because it versatile and can be a dessert or a side!” -Monique Scott, Junior. “It’s a family recipe that we keep, written in my great-grandmother’s handwriting. Also, it’s delicious.” -Roxie, Freshman. Last but not least the dessert that received the most votes is pumpkin pie. Natasha Levine, Freshman, said “Because pumpkin pie is god. That’s it. That’s my reason.” After this statement we can definitely tell Natasha does not play when it comes to pumpkin pie! Here another comment: Caroline, Sophomore, said ”It’s seasonal, really good, and you don’t get to eat it often.” It’s true; the only time pie is cooked most of the time is around Thanksgiving! Thanks Caroline! Our last comment is from a Freshman, Lucy , who responded with ”it tastes good”. Right to the point! Thank you all for your participation! I hope everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving break! Don’t eat to much turkey!