Things to Do in the Warm Weather

Charles Burns, News Editor

Now that the weather is warm and the sun is out, the number of things to do in Charlottesville has increased exponentially. Charlottesville is a particularly beautiful town in the springtime, with a bunch of pretty locations to explore and fun activities. This is just a sample of the many things to do in the warm weather, whether it be with family, friends, or a significant other.

Go to Ix Park and have lunch at Brazos Tacos

If the weather’s nice and you find yourself downtown, take a trip to Ix Park, explore the funky artwork, and get a great meal at Brazos Tacos. The food is delicious, and there’s plenty of great outdoor seating.

Go paddleboarding

If you like the water and the weather is on the warmer side, consider this as a nice afternoon activity; plus, you can always go swimming afterwards!

Buy a hammock and lie in it

This one’s pretty much a no-brainer. Who doesn’t love lying in a hammock with the sun out?

Hike Humpback Rock

If you’re in shape and ready for the trek, go hike Humpback Rock. It’s great exercise and you’ll be rewarded with a beautiful view.

Pick fruit at Carter Mountain

No matter what fruit is in season, you’ll be rewarded with some yummy food and beautiful scenery at Carter Mountain. Plus, there’s live music in the summer.

Disregard the weather and stay in the climate-controlled comfort of your own home

We can’t be outside all the time! Sometimes, if it’s too warm and the heat is getting to you, stay in and take a cool nap!

Have a picnic at the Lawn

If you find yourself on campus, stop by Bodo’s, get some food, and sit down on the grassy Lawn and eat it. If you get comfortable, you may be surprised by how long you stay there.